Ph.D. Theses’ disposal is harmonized with the digitalization of science and the adoption of open access in publications and research results. Ph.D. Theses’ disposal contributes to the digital transformation of some key processes of the public sector. The use of this infrastructure brings a number of practical benefits:
- All doctoral dissertations are available centrally, validly, reliably and digitally for Ph.D. candidates, doctorate holders, both the research and the scientific community and everyone else.
- The results of the original high – level research are more accessible.
- Both the visibility and the dissemination of research activity are achieved.
- Each registered dissertation acquires a permanent URL, regardless of the software system and/or the repository.
- Scientific research’s transparency is maximised.
- Plagiarism and replication are prevented.
- Classification based on the scientific fields of NA.Ph.D. is a criterion for certain procedures of the Hellenic Supreme Council for Civil Personnel Selection (ASEP), according to the provisions of Law 4765 GG A' 6/15.1.2021. For example, the score in the written competition for candidates in the categories P.E. and T.Ε. is increased by five (5) points for those having a doctoral dissertation in a scientific field that is deemed acceptable in the ASEP’s Notice of Selection, according to the classification of the National Archive of Ph.D. Theses.